The Forest Lodge is a masterpiece of sophisticated contemporary design reflecting the breathtaking natural beauty of the surrounding landscape.
Only 2 hours from Cape Town and 30 minutes from Hermanus on the way to the world-renowned Garden Route, Grootbos is perfectly situated between the classic attractions of the Cape and is most certainly a highlight on any itinerary.
The 16 freestanding luxury suites are carefully embedded in the ancient Milkwood forest, accessed via an enchanted cobbled pathway beneath the forest canopy. Each suite is stylishly furnished to provide an exquisite blend of aesthetic beauty and supreme comfort. Cosy fireplaces, luxurious canopy beds and spacious bathrooms make this the ultimate romantic getaway.
Large glass doors flood the space with natural light and open out onto spacious wooden decks perched over the forest canopy. Despite the perfect comfort and elegance, the panoramic views of mountain and sea steal the show and humble even the most extravagant of luxuries.
Luxury Suites; Suite features a spacious bedroom with en-suite bathroom, separate lounge with tea & coffee making facilities and separate bathroom, minibar, cosy fireplace, DVD player for in-room entertainment.
The spacious suites open out onto a private outside deck with outside showers overlooking Walker Bay. As with all One-Bedroom Luxury Suites at Forest Lodge, facilities such as a separate bath, shower and toilet, satellite TV and secure room safes are standard.
Luxury Pool Suites; Suite features a spacious bedroom with en-suite bathroom, separate lounge with tea & coffee making facilities and separate bathroom, minibar, cosy fireplace and DVD player for in-room entertainment.
The spacious suites open out onto a private outside deck with a plunge pool and outside showers overlooking Walker Bay. As with all One-Bedroom Luxury Suites at Forest Lodge, facilities such as a separate bath, shower and toilet, satellite TV and secure room safes are standard.
Grootbos boasts two outstanding restaurants as well as a selection of amazing venues for special occasions.
Executive Chef Benjamin Conradie and his extensive team are at your service at all times of the day to prepare just about anything your heart desires which includes catering for any special dietary requirements.
Enjoy a casual, buffet-style breakfast with menu options and a three-course lunch. Then brace yourself for the gastronomical five-course dinner, reinvented every day to keep your taste buds surprised and delighted.
The main lodge features a variety of elegant dining venues, a bar, lounge, curio shop and conference centre. Spacious wooden decks and an infinity pool beckon you to relax, unwind and enjoy the soothing tranquility.
As the evening descends, cosy fireplaces and subtle lighting create a warm, romantic atmosphere for the perfect dining experience.
The huge variety of nature-based guided adventures at Grootbos could potentially keep you entertained, enthralled and engaged for weeks.
From Whale Watching and Shark Cage Diving to 4x4 Flower Safaris and Horse Riding, there is something for everyone and every season. Each activity is designed to reveal a new feature and encourage a deeper appreciation of this eco paradise.
- Whale Watching
- Shark Cage Diving
- Marine Big 5
- Walks and Hikes
- 4x4 Flower Safari
- Cave Tour
- Horse Riding
- Bird Watching
- Scenic Flights
- Quad Biking
After spending your time on this earth bound paradise, float away to a heavenly realm with a blissful and rejuvenating spa treatment. From shiatsu to full facials, there is a treatment to pamper every inch of your body, taking you to new levels of relaxation you never thought possible.
After an action packed day of eco activities, a therapeutic full body massage is a must, leaving you in a state of absolute calm. For weary feet, a reflexology treatment will most certainly do the trick. Treatments take place in the comfort of your own suite, in the on site spa facilities, or even in the forest surrounded by ancient Milkwood trees.
- Accommodation in freestanding suites
- Welcome drink served upon arrival
- Fresh fruit daily in suite
- Breakfast buffet with full English breakfast menu
- Light lunch (lunch is included either on the arrival or departure day)
- 5-course dinner
- Horse riding for non- and experienced riders through the reserve (please note that the weight limit is 90kg/198lbs per person/ children under the age of 12 are only allowed on guided pony rides)
- Guided Walks including fynbos nature tours and Milkwood walks
- Nature, marine & coastal drives and walks including the Walker Bay Nature Reserve, De Kelders cliff walk, Klipgat Cave combined with seasonal land-based whale watching (whale watching especially during June – December)
- Bird-watching; experience a great variety of bird species on the reserve
- Various maps of the reserve and the area for self-guided walks
- Transfers to/from all activities
- All drinks (alcoholic and non-alcoholic)
- Laundry and minibars
- Spa Treatments, whale watching boat trips, boat trips to Dyer Island, Shark Cage Diving, beach horse riding, scenic flights, quad biking, kayaking, wine tours
- Items of personal nature (telephone calls, items purchased from the Grootbos curio shop)