True to its name, the warm and welcoming Garden Lodge is set amongst an Eden of beautifully landscaped fynbos gardens and indigenous trees. Fashioned from stone, thatch and timber, the Garden Lodge reflects African warmth with an intercontinental twist, blending perfectly into the surrounding landscape.
The curved lines, high beamed ceilings and endless windows enhance the sensation of light, freedom and natural flow and make full use of the incredible sweeping views across mountain and sea.
Only 2 hours from Cape Town and 30 minutes from Hermanus on the way to the world-renowned Garden Route, Grootbos is perfectly situated between the classic attractions of the Cape and is most certainly a highlight on any itinerary.
Nestled carefully into the natural gaps of an enchanted Milkwood forest, each of the 11 freestanding suites are stylishly furnished with luxurious canopy beds, spacious en suite bathrooms, separate lounges with cosy fireplaces and private wooden decks with spectacular panoramic views.
Luxury Suites; Suite features a spacious bedroom with en-suite bathroom, separate lounge with tea & coffee making facilities, minibar, cosy fireplace and DVD player for in-room entertainment.
The spacious suites open out onto a private outside deck overlooking Walker Bay. As with all One-Bedroom Luxury Suites at Garden Lodge, facilities such as a separate bath, shower and toilet, satellite TV and secure room safes are standard.
Two Bedroom Luxury Suites; Our 2 Bedroom Suites epitomise luxurious home-from-home comforts and are ideal for families or friends travelling together. These spacious suites feature two private en-suite bedrooms with en-suite bathrooms (one with shower and one with bath), separate lounge and dining area with tea & coffee making facilities, minibar, cosy fireplace as well as a DVD player.
The spacious suites open out onto a private outside deck overlooking Walker Bay. As with all Two-Bedroom Luxury Suites, facilities such as satellite TV and secure room safes are standard.
Grootbos boasts two outstanding restaurants as well as a selection of amazing venues for special occasions.
Executive Chef Benjamin Conradie and his extensive team are at your service at all times of the day to prepare just about anything your heart desires which includes catering for any special dietary requirements.
Enjoy a casual, buffet-style breakfast with menu options and a three-course lunch. Then brace yourself for the gastronomical five-course dinner, reinvented every day to keep your taste buds surprised and delighted.
An elegant restaurant, spacious lounge, beauty salon, library and children’s entertainment room ensure that all needs are satisfied. The wooden deck, terrace and superb pool area extend the interior space into the outdoors allowing sun seekers and nature lovers to make the most of the rejuvenating environment.
The beautifully kept horse stables and outdoor play area with rabbits, ducks and other friendly farm animals provides children with hours of entertainment and facilitated educational activities.
The huge variety of nature-based guided adventures at Grootbos could potentially keep you entertained, enthralled and engaged for weeks.
From Whale Watching and Shark Cage Diving to 4x4 Flower Safaris and Horse Riding, there is something for everyone and every season. Each activity is designed to reveal a new feature and encourage a deeper appreciation of this eco paradise.
- Whale Watching
- Shark Cage Diving
- Marine Big 5
- Walks and Hikes
- 4x4 Flower Safari
- Cave Tour
- Horse Riding
- Bird Watching
- Scenic Flights
- Quad Biking
After spending your time on this earth bound paradise, float away to a heavenly realm with a blissful and rejuvenating spa treatment. From shiatsu to full facials, there is a treatment to pamper every inch of your body, taking you to new levels of relaxation you never thought possible.
After an action packed day of eco activities, a therapeutic full body massage is a must, leaving you in a state of absolute calm. For weary feet, a reflexology treatment will most certainly do the trick. Treatments take place in the comfort of your own suite, in the on site spa facilities, or even in the forest surrounded by ancient Milkwood trees.
- Accommodation in freestanding suites
- Welcome drink served upon arrival
- Fresh fruit daily in suite
- Breakfast buffet with full English breakfast menu
- Light lunch (lunch is included either on the arrival or departure day)
- 5-course dinner
- Horse riding for non- and experienced riders through the reserve (please note that the weight limit is 90kg/198lbs per person/ children under the age of 12 are only allowed on guided pony rides)
- Guided Walks including fynbos nature tours and Milkwood walks
- Nature, marine & coastal drives and walks including the Walker Bay Nature Reserve, De Kelders cliff walk, Klipgat Cave combined with seasonal land-based whale watching (whale watching especially during June – December)
- Bird-watching; experience a great variety of bird species on the reserve
- Various maps of the reserve and the area for self-guided walks
- Transfers to/from all activities
- All drinks (alcoholic and non-alcoholic)
- Laundry and minibars
- Spa Treatments, whale watching boat trips, boat trips to Dyer Island, Shark Cage Diving, beach horse riding, scenic flights, quad biking, kayaking, wine tours
- Items of personal nature (telephone calls, items purchased from the Grootbos curio shop)