Mount Nelson Hotel has long been regarded as one of the city’s top five star hotels. Whether dining on exotic Cape cuisine, soaking up the sun on any of the stunning beaches nearby or getting ready to stroll down fashionable Kloof Street, guests have the ideal central base from which to discover this exhilarating city.
Vibrant and cosmopolitan, Cape Town is blessed with a richly diverse array of attractions and cultural activities. With a prime location beside Table Mountain, hotel guests are perfectly positioned to explore the highlights of this lively city.
A short stroll away are the vibrant areas of Kloof and Long Streets, renowned for their bustling markets, restaurants and bars. Also close by is the Museum Mile, a pedestrian avenue home to South Africa’s best museums, art galleries and monuments.
The V&A Waterfront is just 15 minutes away by car. It can be reached via a complimentary shuttle service, available at scheduled times from the hotel reception.
Deluxe Rooms; Step into a peaceful haven, just moments away from the vibrant city.
Deluxe Rooms combine understated charm with modern luxury. Each features a spacious sitting area, perfect to unwind in.
Cape Town views are sure to ignite your imagination. Most rooms offer a balcony, while all enjoy a large en-suite bathroom with separate shower and bath.
Suites; From the elegant Junior to the magnificent Presidential, our luxury hotel suites offer an indulgent sanctuary.
As some of the finest Cape Town accommodation, exquisitely furnished suites offer the perfect base from which to explore the vibrant city. Sumptuous king-sized beds and en-suite bathrooms with a separate shower and bath complete the experience.
- Junior Suites; For guests requiring more spacious accommodation, Junior Suites offer a bedroom with an open-plan lounge area. Some benefit from an inviting balcony, letting you savour the Cape Town vistas.
- Deluxe Junior Suites; Light and airy, open plan Deluxe Junior Suites include a spacious bedroom and inviting lounge area. Large windows let the outside in, with charming views a standard.
- Studio Suites; Bright Studio Suites enjoy an open plan design, featuring a spacious bedroom and lounge area. Each is appointed with a luxurious marble bathroom, while select suites also offer a kitchenette and wet bar.
- One Bedroom Suites; These suites feature spacious bedrooms and a large separate lounge area, plus a private balcony with stunning views. Some also benefit from a personal kitchenette and wet bar.
- Deluxe One Bedroom Suites; Deluxe One Bedroom Suites offer grand living at its finest. Each boasts an entrance hall, separate bedroom, large living area, a dining room and a guest cloakroom. Each is luxuriously appointed, with enviable Cape Town vistas. Some of these suites have a balcony or terrace and a kitchenette, while all feature marble bathrooms with a walk-in dressing room.
- Presidential Suite; The luxurious Presidential Suite encompasses a stylish marbled entrance hall, a private dining room, master bedroom with en-suite bathroom. A large lounge leads onto a balcony with stunning vistas of the surrounding area.
Garden Cottage Suites; A luxurious home away from home, our cottages are some of the finest holiday accommodation South Africa has to offer. Each sits behind a scented rose garden, enclosed by a picket fence, ensuring a haven of peace and privacy.
Interiors boast wonderful design touches, such as toile wallpaper, Venetian mirrors and oversized couches. Further features include four-poster beds, a working fireplace and glamorous marble bathrooms. They are an idyllic romantic hideaway for honeymooners or couples.
- Deluxe Garden Suites; These magnificently furnished suites each boast an inviting entrance hall, a large lounge with fireplace and a dining room. Each benefits from either its own private terrace or a balcony with inspiring views of Table Mountain and Signal Hill.
The glittering Planet Restaurant and Planet Bar are chic, contemporary spaces in which to enjoy out-of-this-world dishes and cocktails.
Brimming with trendy bars and renowned for fine dining, Cape Town has a buzzing culinary scene. Make sure to dine with the stars at one of the most stylish restaurants Cape Town has to offer. Crystal balls grace the entrance and the décor includes a galaxy-themed carpet, planetary chandelier and twinkling ceilings.
Cool, chic, yet timelessly elegant, Planet Bar buzzes year round with well-heeled Capetonians sipping sundowner cocktails or pre-dinner champagne.
The bar’s stylish celestial décor, quirky touches and comfy couches create a relaxing ambience. Whether you’re people watching from the terrace in the summer or curling up by the fire with a glass of red in the winter, this is the place to be.
There are two heated outdoor swimming pools, available exclusively for guests staying at the hotel:
- The Oasis Pool, one of the largest heated pools in South Africa, is ideal for families. Poolside service available from October to April.
- The Cottage Pool is located in a secluded spot and reserved for over-16s. Poolside service available from November to March.
A colourful hive of activity, this centre for children aged 3 to 12 offers a range of educational games and toys, big-screen TV, blackboard wall, Nintendo Wii, beanbags and child-friendly furniture. Organised activities, from group games to storytelling, take place throughout the day.
The Teens’ Lounge is the ideal place for young adults aged 12 to 18 to meet and have fun. Contemporary furniture, Xbox 360 games, a Nintendo Wii, a computer and big-screen TV provide a great entertainment space.
Consistently recognised as the leading luxury spa Cape Town has to offer, our rejuvenating signature treatments are designed to balance energy provide total wellbeing.
Librisa Spa works with skincare companies Kalahari and Africology, renowned for their commitment to natural ingredients.
Each visit begins with a consultation, taking into account individual needs. Visitors can choose from a wide range of face and body treatments in one of eight spacious rooms housed in three late-Victorian buildings.
Relax before or after your treatment in the Finnish sauna, steam bath and plunge pool or enjoy the tranquil surroundings of the conservatory with a selection of herbal teas.
The fitness centre is equipped with the latest cardiovascular and weight training equipment. A trainer is available for fitness assessments and programmes. Open: 7am – 9pm.
- Luxury accommodation
- Daily breakfast buffet
- Complimentary scheduled shuttle to the V&A Waterfront
- Value Added Tax (currently at 14%)
- 1% Tourism levy on accommodation
- Other meals (lunches and dinners)
- Any and all drinks